Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fresh and pretty layout

Today I'm sharing my latest scrapbook layout.



It's a couple of photos from this time last year, which show my youngest daughter enjoying painting. We love getting messy in our house, and we're often found in our PJs on the weekend making stuff at the dining room table.


I've made a strip of pennants/bunting using the Stampin' Up (SU) Hearts a Flutter Framelits dies, and embossed a couple of the plain pieces of Subtles cardstock with the SU Fancy Fan embossing folder . I've been really stingy with the patterned paper - the scraps behind the pictures are actually the remnants of the paper I cut the bunting out of! The Designer Series paper I've used is Twitterpated, and I have to say it is the best of the current ranges. I'm saving every scrap!


It's a lovely fresh colour combo, taken from my favourite patterned paper at the moment, the floral one shown here. No journaling though, I'm just showcasing the photos. The butterfly embellishments are made by glueing paper onto bog-standard cardboard, and punching out the shapes with the Bitty Butterfly punch. Really easy and effective!


And the title? It's one of those that popped into my head - I often use song lyrics in my titles, even if they are a little... altered!

How do you choose your scrapbook layout titles? Do tell ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, love the title.. I see what you've done there! :) I have no particular method for choosing titles, like the idea of borrowing song lyrics though.. must try that!
    Very pretty layout (and daughter) by the way! x x

    ReplyDelete